Monday, June 6, 2011

Long Take Experience

So I was really excited about the long take and I had a few different ideas when I thought about it. I was really excited when my group decided to do one of my ideas. I was also glad that they put in many new ideas of their own. I was really nervous about working with the bolex again especially since my first experience with one didn't go so well. I also was a little nervous about processing because I thought it might end up not turning out right. So when we worked with the other group I tried to figure out ways that we could time ours out right and make sure that we would make a good time. I also was trying to plan out how our shoot would go. I was excited to see the first group's film come out because I knew that we would be able to do it right after that. So we went out and blocked our scene and it timed out perfectly so I was really excited. I loved our story about the stalker who chases after the girl he likes, but also plans on murdering her. I think our take went really well and we had a really unique concept, especially shooting it mostly in point-of-view shots. I was thrilled with how our film came out as well. It looked really clear and also had good contrast. It did seem like the film had skipped a couple frames, but it wasn’t something I was going to panic about.

No comments:

Post a Comment