Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cameraless Filmmaking

So if there is one thing I have to say about film manipulation it is time consuming! I was surprised how much longer it took than I was expecting. The animation was extremely time consuming and I also had a hard time fitting my drawing in the frame. I had a lot of fun doing the magazine transfer. I really enjoyed finding the images and putting them together like a puzzle. I didn't really like doing the bleaching and painting of the film strip. I found that part a little repetitive and tedious. Also after doing the contact printing and rayograms I was really disappointed that most of mine didn't actually show up. I ended up bleaching and painting those strips as well since there wasn't much on there. I was really disappointed that many of my beads, salt, and other items didn't show up at all. Overall I didn't do as well on this project as I had hoped. I really had high hopes for it, and I didn't feel like it went the way I wanted it to. I also wish that I had more time to work on it in class with the materials we had in class. Ethan and I had to find our own paints, and I'm not even entirely sure we got the right kind. I feel like if I had more time to work on this I would have felt a lot better about the final product. I just felt so rushed, and stressed about all these different projects that I barely have time to grasp a handle on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment