Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Rough Theater Response

Nothing is perfect, especially in art. If you ask any artist what they think about there work, there's always something they say they could do better. That's the beauty in art, though. I worked on a music video in my experimental class last year and the film ended up coming out super over exposed. Some of the shots we got didn't even show up. I was so disappointed, but my group and I ended up editing it together and working around that issue. I feel like the video still is good, even though it is over exposed. Of course I wish that it had come out exposed properly, but nothing can work out perfectly. We are only human, we can not create perfect art. On the stage there will never be a stage show that is completely perfect. Maybe a singer flubs a note, or an actor forgets his lines. That's what makes it so interesting, you will never see the same show twice. Everyone has imperfections, that's what makes the world unique, and that's what makes our art unique. Film makers who strive to create the "perfect," film, aren't creating films that are unique and different, but that are all following the same pattern. I think these are films that will become very boring. Perfection is overrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment